This statement applies to all sites that are operated and under the full control of Tom Paul. This policy does not apply to sites that are use by third parties, even if they carry the same or similar domain name or email address. A link to this privacy statement can be found at the bottom of every page.
Privacy Statement for TP’s Blog (tompaul.ca)
I am committed to safeguarding your privacy online and created this Privacy Statement in order to demonstrate my firm commitment to protecting the online privacy of guests to my blog.
By using this website (“TP’s Blog”), you consent to our gathering, use and disclosure of your information, as described in this Privacy Statement, and the other documents, agreements and materials incorporated therein (collectively referred to as the “Rules”). This Privacy Statement may change from time to time and I will provide notice of changes.
TP’s Blog provides various free of charge services including, but not limited to, informational blog postings, recommendations, downloadable programs and other services (collectively, the “Services”).
Questions regarding this privacy statement should be directed to myself, Tom Paul, by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Statement explains the following:
- What information does TP’s Blog gather?
- How does TP’s Blog gather information?
- How does TP’s Blog use the gathered information?
- With whom does TP’s Blog share information we gather?
- How may you access or update stored information about you?
- How does TP’s Blog protect your personal information?
1. What information does TP’s Blog gather?
TP’s Blog gathers information about you and your use of the website as set forth below.
- Information about you. TP’s Blog collects personal information about you including, without limitation, personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, phone number and e-mail address). For some of our Services we may also ask other information about you such as your age or other demographic information. TP’s Blog may also collect your contact information and correspondence if you contact us by e-mail or letter.
- Information about your use of the Services. TP’s Blog collects information about your use of the Services including, without limitation, data about your computer (such as operating system type, browser type, software installed on your computer) and your web browsing information (such as referring URL’s as well as your IP address).
2. How does TP’s Blog gather information?
TP’s Blog gathers information that you voluntarily submit on any TP’s Blog registration forms, surveys, questionnaires or other online forms. TP’s Blog automatically gathers information about your use of the Services during such use, and you understand that you are not anonymous to us.
3. How does TP’s Blog use the gathered information?
TP’s Blog uses your information to make your use of the Services more personalized and convenient. TP’s Blog uses your information to display or deliver materials, such as e-mails, surveys and content. TP’s Blog may use your information to target such materials so that they may be more relevant to you than materials that would be provided without the use of your information. TP’s Blog may use your information to make online transactions more convenient for you, such as pre-filling online forms that you may submit to us. TP’s Blog may provide your information to third parties as described below in Section 4.
- TP’s Blog uses your information to conduct and provide market research and data analysis services.
- TP’s Blog uses your information to provide, support and maintain the Services including, for example, to monitor and diagnose the Services, to provide technical support, and to contact you with respect to the Services or other TP’s Blog products or services.
4. With whom does TP’s Blog share information we gather?
- TP’s Blog will not disclose your personally identifiable information to any third party, except if you have given us your consent for such disclosure or if the disclosure is described below. TP’s Blog may share your non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
- TP’s Blog may share your personally identifiable information with third parties that provide services on behalf of TP’s Blog. Such third parties do not have the right to use your information for any purpose other than to provide the applicable service.
- TP’s Blog may share your personally identifiable information with its affiliates that protect your personally identifiable information from disclosure to non-affiliated third parties in a manner similar to this Privacy Statement.
- If TP’s Blog sells, assigns or transfers the part of its business that provides a particular Service to you, your personally identifiable information may be sold, assigned or transferred as a part of such transaction.
- TP’s Blog may disclose your personally identifiable information, any communications sent or received by you, and any other information that we may have about your account as follows: as may be required by law, regulation, rule or court order; pursuant to requests from governmental agencies or law enforcement authorities; as necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the Rules; to operate the Services properly; or to protect TP’s Blog, our members or other third parties including, without limitation, other emergency situations.
Third Party Sites and Co-Branded Services. TP’s Blog may advertise, promote, reference, recommend or provide links to third party sites, services and products. These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which may not comply with this Privacy Statement, even if the site, service or product is branded with TP’s Blog’s logo or name. TP’s Blog IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES. TP’s Blog recommends that you review the privacy policies of any such third parties.
5. How may you access or update stored Information about you?
You may review and update your information stored as a part of your account in either the personal profile areas at any time. To access such information, please click on the “Login” or “Edit My Profile” link or tab from the home page of your Service if applicable. Otherwise you may review and update your personal information upon request to email@example.com.
6. How does TP’s Blog protect your personal information?
All of your account information is password protected for your security. Your billing information may be transmitted and displayed though PayPal. While TP’s Blog believes that it has implemented reasonable security, TP’s Blog cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent unauthorized third parties, such as hackers, from obtaining or accessing your information.
TP’s Blog uses a feature of your Web browser called “cookies” to automate certain aspects of our Web site. Cookies are very small files that are stored on your computer and that enable us to recognize your computer each time you return to our site. By using cookies, TP’s Blog can keep track of your preferences, what you have already seen on our site and what you haven’t, and any personalization you’ve done, without requiring you to enter a password every time you come back. TP’s Blog uses any information gathered using our cookies in compliance with this Privacy Statement.